Bar none, keywords are key. The most important thing the organization can do online is make sure the “best” keywords are being used online, across all channels!
Keywords may include: brand and derivations of brand, products and services, specific features and benefits of products and services, executive team and other high level spokespeople, brands the brands has worked with, case study highlights and reviews, portions or specifics of a much larger solution set, symptoms of problems, etc. The number of keywords, even smaller companies with limited product/service suite, can run in the tens of thousands, and this is before we look at including local cities derivatives.
In the new online environment ALL potential keywords and derivatives of those keywords need to be considered.
Our process is actually pretty systematic.
- We build out the largest keyword list the organization has ever compiled
- Test those keywords live in Google
- Bucket the keywords into target social, target organic search, target pay per click, don’t target
- Craft & manage interactive campaign to achieve best performance whatever the companies KPIs
- Provide a monthly report via email to management with highlights (to report how we’re doing) and action steps (what we are going to do next month) and attached the reports in PDF for review (if you’re a data freak like us).